The intercultural evenings are one of the main projects in the FERNWEH (Wanderlust) project. They have been organized since the 2011/12 winter semester in cooperation with the bi-club and the support network of the International Office 'we4you'.
The concept is that international students from different groups of countries are invited once a month to prepare typical dishes together, which interested parties can try for a small fee. In addition, the international students are given the opportunity to present their homeland and culture through decoration and pictures as well as a cultural program with music, dances, and clothing.
The aim is on the one hand to promote integration through contact with interested fellow students and on the other hand to give those interested the opportunity to get to know other cultures and thus strengthen intercultural communication. Experience has shown that there are many opportunities for mutual exchange in an informal atmosphere on such evenings, which forms the basis for trust and friendship and can thus help to break down existing prejudices.
The event takes place on one Monday of each month from 8 p.m. on the premises of the bi-Club.
Vergangene und zukünftige Abende:
- Interkultureller Abend: Frankreich
- Interkultureller Abend – Vietnam
- Interkultureller Abend Japan, 30. Januar
- Interkultureller Abend: Tansania
- Internationaler Abend Bangladesch
- Jemenitischer Abend Oktober 2014
- Iranischer Abend Juli 2014
- Syrischer Abend im April 2014
- Kolumbianische Nacht Februar 2014
- Mexikanische Nacht Januar 2014